Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Colonel Medoro Keegan joins us today

Perveyors of Erotic Romance Votarients Welcomes: Colonel Medoro Keegan
A Character Interview



Hi fellow PERVs, I knew you are excited as I am to welcome our guest of honor today Colonel Medoro Keegan. Recently back from his deployment on the USS Blanchard he has agreed, albeit reluctantly to sit down and talk to us.

PERV: Hi Colonel Keegan thank you for joining us. May I call you Medoro?
Col. Keegan: I'd rather you didn't. No one calls me that...well except for a couple of people and neither of them are here right now.
PERV: What shall I call you?
Col Keegan: Keegan is fine. I've been going by that for years.
PERV: Alright--
Keegan: Btw, what is a Votarient?
PERV: A devotee or ardent admirer.
<He furls his brow>
PERV: Why what's up?
Keegan: I should have known that's why my author sent me here. She's been pestering me to get out and mingle. Alright, let's begin.
PERV: So, I've read Cold Warriors and I am amazed by the type of life you lead. Before we go into that, tell us a little about yourself.
Keegan: There really isn't much to say. I was born in Fairmount, Montana. My father was a naval pilot and my mother a home maker. We lived by a local naval air station where my father was assigned. The base was the life blood of the community and once it shut down so did the town.
PERV: Did your father's military service affect your decision to join?
Keegan: Yes and no. I mean I always wondered what it was like out there <he points towards the sky outside the window> among the stars but I think I was really enthralled by his dedication and love for what he did. And traveling was a fringe benefit.
PERV: So you're saying you didn't travel much as a child?
Keegan: Because he spent so much time away from home, when he did come back we rarely ventured outside of town. And if we did, it was to see my grandparents in Great Falls. My first trip off planet was to Armstrong station. I on my way to my first deployment. It was nerve wracking but I loved it.
PERV: Fast forwarding, with the war and the subsequent loss of your wife, how did you maintain your sanity? I mean why didn't you just throw in the towel a long time ago and say to heck with it!
Keegan: And go where? Back home there was nothing for me. And plus it just seemed like was giving up and hiding. And that's not something that I do.
PERV: Have you always been this determined?
Keegan: I'm a Marine. Of course.
PERV: What about the naysayers- who would look at your life and think you've thrown it down the drain? Would you say you were fairly portrayed in the book?
Keegan: I don't care about their opinion. What matters is how I live my life and lead others. The rest is background noise. As for the book's portrayal of me, I never realized how much of my insularity was due the choices I made. I always assumed my isolation was due to the nature of my job, now I know I was wrong.
PERV: Do you have a love interest in this book?
Keegan: <He smiles briefly before his mask of seriousness returns> Yes.
PERV: And?
Keegan: Her name is Caitlin Driskoll. She is assigned to my command.
PERV: How did you to meet?
Keegan: When asked that question, Ms. Dargin advised me to say, 'that it's best for your audience to go read the book.'
PERV: Having read it, I must say, your relationship with Ms. Driskoll is very passionate to say the least. Can you give our readers a little taste?
Keegan: I guess a little wouldn't hurt.
<He hands me a strange device that looks like a smart phone on steroids.>
Keegan: Press the screen. Its already set.

As I peruse the screen, I can't help but giggle.
PERV: This is perfect.


~Excerpt~

He didn’t know what to say. His first clash with her had distracted him to the point of madness. It had been some time since he’d had such a powerful encounter with a woman. The last one to push his buttons that hard, he wound up marrying.

Caitlin was stubborn, mouthy, somewhat insubordinate, and filled with an innate force he had not seen in sometime. She had no problem in standing up for who or what she believed in. He didn’t like the feelings she stirred in him. He dare not consider them. Especially with her. She was a subordinate and a cryo. It was against regulations for him to even think of starting anything with her.

He shifted his stance. His heart pounded in his ears and breaths quickened. “Ms. Driskoll. I don’t know what you expect from me.”

“Nothing more than I expect from myself.”

Before he knew it, he crossed the distance between them and swept her into a searing kiss. He caressed her body, touching every curve. Arousal sped through his body like lightening. He dug his fingers in her hair and hungrily dominated her mouth, his tongue delving in, playing with hers. Gripping her waist, he lifted her up and placed on her the table. She arched her neck exposing her creamy skin. He nipped and bit at it enjoying its smoothness. He reached up and caressed her breasts, a need filling him to see them, taste them.

He was ready to slip off into oblivion when he remembered himself. It was the middle of the day; they were in a briefing room and would be caught. Breaking off the kiss, he raised his hands in surrender.

“Jesus,” he said in between breaths.

“What?” she panted, as she straightened her uniform.

“Please leave. Just go.” He closed his eyes, wrestling his feelings into submission. Holding them down, he shuddered. Dear God, help me. He needed her so badly. His breathing slowed to a normal rate. When he opened his eyes, she was gone.

“Sir, you’re needed on the bridge,” the voice on the com said.

“Be right there,” he replied, grateful for the distraction.


PERV: Colonel Keegan thank you so much for your time. I'm sure our ladies will be dreaming about your...eh...adventures.
Keegan: You're welcome.


If you'd like to read more about Keegan, you can pick up Cold Warriors at Decadent Publishing and Amazon.com.

You can also talk to Clare Dargin- his personal bio'cist' at her blog-- www.claresblog2thehaven.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment